Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Greetings From The Mountaintop...

Hi ya'll. Greetings from some Middle Of NoWhere Land in the remote mountains of Pennsylvania. Yes, I'm in the middle of vacation and no, I wasn't planning on blogging because it's hard to get cell phone reception let alone Internet connection. BUT, my father-in-law brought his laptop to follow the stock market and so I've stolen this peaceful moment to write a blog... since I haven't written in 2 weeks. I know, you've been in a deep depression missing me profusely...

So, I'm here listening to crickets, drinking an Amstel Light, and eating Torrone (the most delicious, Italian, nougat and pistachio candy in the world)while my entire family is out at the local ice cream shop. I needed some alone time to listen to the quiet, relax, and (as it turns out) recharge myself with a blog.

I wish I brought my stinkin' camera cord thingy so I could hook up my camera and download photos of my trip so far. I guess you'll have to wait. Breath bated, naturally.

I love vacation. Especially when it follows a hectic, brutal, "all holds bar move." The kind of move that takes days upon days. The kind of move where you find yourself sobbing because you're exhausted and feel like it will never end. For those who recall, my family and I sold our house but our new home is not ready yet (being built). So, we have moved into a small rental home in a neighboring town. We packed up our entire lives and are now kinda living out of boxes for a few months. Poor CB. She left to stay with her grandparents to avoid the chaos of the move and will return to a completely foreign home, and there is no way we can really prepare her for it given her receptive language levels. She'll just show up and her whole world will be on its ear. Until we move again in 2 1/2 months, and she'll go through it a second time.

The other girls are adjusting well. We're framing it as an "adventure" so they see it as such. It's a means to an end, so my husband and I are hanging in there. It is all optional. It's all for a better home in a better school district. We'll all be happy once we get there.

But for now, I'll save the vacation stories and other newsworthy tidbits and images of my life for when I return to civilization. Yeah, like the story where we all misplaced the baby for a half an hour at a lake. You know, how you just forget about a kid and when you find her on the shore line you fall to your knees and thank God because you know He just totally saved her from becoming fish food or road kill while you were busy stuffing your face with pizza? Until you think "Where's Rella?" and everyone looks around blankly at each other and your blood runs cold? Too much to write now. Not while I'm drinking.

Anyway, just wanted to say hi. I'm alive. I'll be back. Oh, and THANK YOU to all who helped with the Shop Rite Blog It Forward Campaign. You all ROCK!!

Oh, and if you're looking for some "holy crap, it's almost the end of summer so I better squeeze in another book" reading, here's the best of what I've devoured so far this summer:
Wally Lamb's "The Hour I First Believed"
Vicki Forman's "This Lovely Life"
Kelly Corrigan's "The Middle Place"

And now finishing up "Ec*ahem*lipse" .... Whaa? Whaaa? You didn't catch that? Ecliiiii....cough cough.... something's in my throat. Wait, I think I'm choking. Whatever. It's total mind candy. Stupid mind candy. I'm SOOOO above it all.

Oh, but in case you care: I'm on Team Edward.

5 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Yay! You're back. I've missed you a lot and was thrilled to see your blog at the top of the roll just now! I'm glad that you're having a good vacation and look forward to hearing more about it.

Have a drink for me.

Stimey said...

I'm glad your vacation is going well. It sounds great. Aside from the child misplacing, which, now that I think about it, sounds an awful lot like my vacation.

Enjoy the rest of your trip!

Holly said...

Happy vacation--I love vacation!!! And it's funny that you mentioned Torrone, my favorite candy too, I was brought up on it on my Italian family side. The other day I was thinking, got to have some of that candy!!

Shana said...

Nice to meet you. Team Edward is for all of the sophisticated moms who are above the hype. For real.

Beth L. Gainer said...

Sooooo glad to hear from you. Sounds like things are way stressful with all the home swapping and all.

Glad you fit in the time to produce a blog...

Related Posts with Thumbnails