Monday, March 19, 2012

Weekend Wrap Up: Being Green

Our weekends are all about family time.  Due to Dr. Fabulous's work schedule, Mondays through Fridays are basically me and the girls flying solo.  We make up for it on the weekend.  

We spent St. Patrick's Day at my my bro-and-sis-in-law's house eating corned beef and cabbage and celebrating my mother-in-law's birthday.  None of us are Irish, yet it is always fun to "celebrate."  The weather was amazing and the kids drew outside with sidewalk chalk for hours.


What a shocker, Dr. Fab on the iPad.



CB in love with the baby toys.  





My niece... the cutest lil thing ever.   


Pink with her uncle.   


On Sunday, Dr. Fabulous and I enjoyed a date night.  We had an early dinner and felt so young dining at 5:30 with the "Early Bird Special" Senior Citizens.  It never ceases to amaze me that after knowing each other for about 15 years, and being married for almost 9, we can still chat away by ourselves at the dinner table as if we just met yesterday.

So this weekend was not the raucous typically associated with the St. Patty's Days of our past - jamming into overcrowded bars to drink overpriced green beer with 500 complete strangers.  Don't get me wrong, those days were fun, but truth is... I'm kinda over it (loooong over it).  I'm soooo in this place in my life.  So glad to eat green frosted cupcakes with our great big extended family, and drink tea into the evening over good conversation while the girls play.


So glad for a quiet, early date night and to come home after dinner and Bellinis at 8:00 pm just in time to read my girls a few books and tuck them in for the night.  Just so glad that I'm sitting in this place in my life feeling complete, settled, happy.  It's not wild or epic or facebook-worthy.  It's scarcely a weekend that would make others green with envy, but it's bliss for me.   Hope your St. Patty's Day weekend was epic in all the ways that make YOU happy as well.  




2 comments:

kario said...

You take the best photos! I love the ghost in the second one floating above the pot. I suppose it was the second coming of some Irish monk, huh?

Thanks for sharing!

Alicia D said...

ok, that ghost-like steam is creeping me out now! i didn't notice it until you pointed it out - ahhhh! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails