Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Weekend Wrap Up


A day late, a buck short with my "Weekend Wrap Up."  I guess I was still recovering on Monday.

Friday night kicked off with going to the movies for the first time in years! Saw The Hunger Games with a few girlfriends and it actually wasn't the disappointment I thought it would be. Worth the $10.50 if you were a lover of the series.

This weekend, there was lots of running.  And I mean this literally as well as figuratively.  My Saturday morning began with a local 5K.  It was cold, but the rain held off.

Photobucket

The girls had multiple activities, to include Pink's first meeting of Girls On The Glow, a curriculum-based exercise and character building group (much like Girl Scouts) which emphasizes physical fitness/running along with fun, the outdoors, and friendship.  I am so psyched about this brand new program in our community!

Photobucket

As part of my training for the Philadelphia Broad Street 10-miler I had to wake up at 7:00 am to squeeze in my 7 mile run Sunday morning before church.  I rue the day I signed up for this sucker.  The things I'll do to get on one of 5 school buses filled with my friends and neighbors to have "fun" at this race.  I am such a sell-out for any opportunity for socialization.  I feel like I'm going to miss out on something if I don't go.  I guess I wanted the challenge too, but whatever.  I was miserable training for it at first, but I'm finding my groove now.

After my run and church, we drove almost 2 hours to the northern part of the state to do our traditional family Palm Sunday brunch.  It is always a happy, yummy, and wonderful day where we also celebrate some family birthdays.









Monday launched us into the typical week's craziness.  Tink's eye appointment today revealed an astigmatism and slight near-sightedness.  I shouldn't be surprised since I am blind as a bat.  Her sister Pink was VERY disappointed last summer after complaining about blurriness and double vision but was told she did NOT need glasses which were an accessory she desperately wanted.  As Tink picked out her frames I thought about how her sister would die a thousand deaths over this.

Meanwhile, Tink was totally unenthused about the whole issue.


But man, did she look so stinkin' cute.  You can't tell in the photo, but they are dark purple with little girlie detail on the sides.

My little egg head.


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Your kids are freakishly cute! I love love love the glasses. She's beautiful. Congrats on the 5k! Some day I will get off my butt and do one. I just learned how great it is to run...I sweat stress. I need to do it more.

kario said...

I'm tired just reading about your weekend. You are such an inspiration with the running! If it ever stopped pouring rain around here, I might go out and do it a bit more, too.

I love that the child who cares not for glasses got them. That is the same thing that happened in our house. My eldest was insanely jealous that her sister (the athlete, the kamikaze who will likely lose her glasses ten times this year) gets them and she doesn't.

Related Posts with Thumbnails