Monday, December 30, 2013

Weekend Wrap-Up


The kids are still out of school through New Years Day, Dr Fabulous has taken their whole Winter Break off and we're enjoying some fun family activities like movies and museums.
Today, we spent the day in Philadelphia. We started at the Academy of Natural Science , or as Rella calls it - "The Dinosaur Museum." 







In a Post-Christmas celebration, we also hit Macy's Dickens Village for the first time. It was pretty amazing... I'd highly recommend it!


 And the iconic, old-school "John Wanamaker" Light Show. The same show I saw when I was a kid. I love it when they don't change the classics.



We also strolled through the Christmas Village in Love Park and saw the "New Fangled" Comcast Light Show. That was our first viewing and it was actually really cool!

Before leaving Philly we HAD to let the girls do a taste test between Geno's and Pat's for best Philly Cheese Steak.



They favored Geno's.  Sorry, Pat's ... that was my pick as a kid.  

Tomorrow is New Year's Eve and then we have one more day until back to school, work and regular routine.  I'll miss this.  I'm grateful for this nice week and a half together. 

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails