Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Preschool Memories, Through A 4 1/2 Year Old's Eyes

Pink's last day of Preschool is this Thursday. As a classroom activity, the kids wrote their answers to a simple question: What do you remember most about your year at Preschool?

The kids documented their answers, and it was compiled in a booklet sent home to every parent. Kids wrote about setting the butterflies free, parties...



...planting the Tree of Life and bringing home "Bobby Bear," the classroom mascot...



... yes, so many fun memories of art and awesome field trips...



... of making great friends and seasonal festivities...




... and then there is MY daughter. What will she remember most?!?!?



You are not mistaken - her penmanship is atrocious. So I will translate:
"Taking my nap and lunch."

Yes, eating and sleeping is what stands out to my daughter. All that education, fun, field trips, parties, and play and she remembers EATING and SLEEPING.

Ah, like mother like daughter. Money well spent.

* PS, if you're wondering what those gnarled, shriveled up things at the bottom of the picture are, they are my nappy-ass FEET that accidentally got in the shot.

10 comments:

Michelle said...

Hey, the girl's got her priorities straight if you ask me.

I've seen your feet and this picture does NOT do them justice. (I meant that in a nice way.)

P.S. Thanks for the dream interpretation :)

Elizabeth said...

Love that -- thanks for posting!And I'm all for eating and sleeping, too.

Claire said...

Heh, heh, heh, heh..

michelle said...

All that other stuff probably made her hot and tired and thirsty. Naps and snacks are where it's at, hands down. And her writing is totally legible.

tiffrutherf said...

Napping and eating..a girl after my own heart...

LOL, ok i had to zoom in to see the "foot" shot...LMAO..Ok here's bad: when i took my socks off for the first time this spring it took a hedge trimmer and some sand paper just to get it so that my toe nails did not scratch up my hard wood floors (and yes you could hear them clanking on the bottom of the bathtub when i showered like a dog's)...Every time i pulled off my socks i heard "Stop Hammah' Time" from someone...Yeah..my family dose not hold back..

Beth L. Gainer said...

I love this posting!! Your girl's writing is totally more legible than mine.

I enjoy reading your postings!!

Anonymous said...

A girl after my own heart. Eating and sleeping are my most favorite things in the world!

But hands down, the best thing about this post are those feet!!!

Jeannie said...

Sent ya some luv on my site today: http://mamabusypants.blogspot.com/2009/06/blog-love-and-awards.html

Tanya @ TeenAutism said...

I love it! She knows the important things in life!

Btw, your new heading is really cool!

Jade, Mike, and Gabe said...

hehe....love the comment about your feet. Don't feel bad, I don't like mine either! :) Kids say/write the cutest things!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails