Friday, January 29, 2010

Weddings Always Make Me Cry


Everyone is curious how the big wedding went last weekend. With all the "tree falling on house and car" drama, I have not posted on the Infamous Wedding.

Here's my extensive summary:

AWWWWWESOME!!

I ended up being a good bridesmaid after all. My dress didn't pop open at the seams, my hair turned out pretty nice, and the day went off without a hitch. And I wasn't the drunkest one there. That prize was nabbed by one of the bride's friends who peed herself mid-reception.

Even with the incontinent girl, it was a fun but classy event. In fact, it was probably the most beautiful and PERFECT wedding I've ever seen... second only to my own which was my favorite wedding ever - although definitely NOT perfect. I don't "do" perfect.... just not me. Drama and minor catastrophes must punctuate all I do. As you can tell if you follow this blog.

You know how there is something that always gets to you at a wedding? Brings the tears and the sniffles? For me it was standing on the side lines watching the bride dance with her father to Josh Grogan's "You Raise Me Up." I could watch them dance and standing directly across from me was my husband. About 20 feet from him were 3 of our little girls, sitting on the floor, spellbound by the dance. I could see them and him and thought: One day the man that I love will be waltzing on the dance floor with my grown up girls. And it will be here before I know it. Though I'm swimming in diapers and neediness and teeny tiny clothes and toys, one day they will be grown women leaving our home to start their own.

I'll be watching them spin around the dance floor and....

I'll be like, 80.
For real.

And with that realization, the tears came.

6 comments:

Corrie Howe said...

The photo is beautiful. Is it from the wedding? I hope for your sake you won't be forty...because that means your girls will be forty when they marry.

Cristin said...

I dislike weddings as a rule. I'm not much for ceremony and spectacle, but that scene, with the dancing Daddy, would have choked me up for sure.

Nancy C said...

I'm so glad you had fun. The wedding is a reminder of what this marriage thing is all about (at least for us married-for-a-decade folks)

Tracie said...

I'm glad it went well. Beautiful picture.

Arielle Lee Bair said...

Aw. :)

Tina said...

So glad things went nicely after....well lets just not keep adding salt to the wound.

Related Posts with Thumbnails