Thursday, April 2, 2015

tHERsDay: Shades of Blue


It's been a human rainbow around here the past few weeks. I was wearing purple for epilepsy, then I was wearing crazy socks to support my buddies for Down Syndrome Day. For months I've been wearing a pink Bravelet for breast cancer awareness. Now, today we gotta rock the blue for World Autism Day.


I'm not necessarily 100% behind the Autism Speaks mission (creators of World Autism Day from what I gather), but I appreciate any type of rallying. If that means lighting sh*t up blue, I'm not gonna be a downer. I deeply appreciate all the companies and organizations that have been on board. If we can continue to raise awareness, increase funding and help support families, children and adults living with ASD, that is cool by me. A little show of solidarity never hurt anyone.

So, CB lit it up pale blue today with a sweater matching her eyes. Here's to World Autism Day... which is every day 'round here.  So, we just continue on - business as usual. Showing the world every shade of our blue.


4 comments:

Elizabeth said...

What a beautiful young woman.

kario said...

She looks so grown up! Surrounding you all in love and light, today and every day.

Anonymous said...

Dear friend, I've been trying to get up early before the rest of my house is up for quiet time. I started a few weeks ago and every morning i pray for you as you go through radiation therapy. Just wanted you to know. :)

Alicia D said...

Thank you so much rhemashope :)!!!! I appreciate- and feel - every prayer :)!

Related Posts with Thumbnails