Monday, October 26, 2015

Weekend Wrap Up: Running Together



Each year our town holds a local 5K called the Trick Or Trot. This was the first 5K I ran years ago. It was the first 5K Pink ran at the age of 8. Now, it was Rella's turn, at age 7, to run it. She was joined by Tink (who had run HER first 5K earlier this Fall), Dr. Fab and I, Pink, and our entire South Jersey "Fabulous" Family contingency.




Dr. Fab and I actually didn't official register as racers, so we didn't have numbers. I ran with Rella and he ran with Tink. Pink was going to run with her cousins but then decided she was gonna just go for it alone and see how she did.


How did she do? She came in second for her age group! So proud of her!!


And guess who won a medal for HER age group? My 66 year old mother-in-law who has never ran a 5K in her entire life. Yay Grandma!!! It was seriously one of the most inspirational and happy days ever.


My nieces and sister-in-law also ran, and my 15 year old niece earned an age group medal. 


It was such a fun day filled with first times, new challenges, old traditions, family, friends and community. We've been doing this Trick or Trot for years, but this was my favorite year ever because we were all running it together.


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails