Monday, May 9, 2016

Weekend Wrap-Up: Mother's Day






One more year, one more great Mother's Day. Can you believe I've been a Mom for almost 21 years? That's a lot of Mother's Days under my belt, and I look forward to many more to come.

After a week's worth of clouds and rain, the skies turned blue and the sun finally came out! The fields were so saturated, however, that our three soccer games on Saturday were cancelled. Due to Mother's Day there was no swim on Sunday. What I'm trying to say is that the weekend was totally chill for once.

And I got my annual Mother's Day picture. Yay!




We had our North Jersey contingency down for the whole weekend, which was very nice. My girls went to the Children's Theater with their little cousins, we had dinner together as a great big bunch on Saturday, then reconvened for Mother's Day Brunch on Sunday. It's great to spend that quality time with everyone.

You know, I've had Mother's Days when kids were sick and puking, Mother's Days where there was a stream of dirty diapers and night wakings. 


I've had Mother's Day in the vineyards with wine, breakfast in bed, and afternoons at the spa. I've spent Mother's Days completely alone with a non-verbal CB, and Mother's Days rubbing my belly waiting to meet the little one inside me. No matter what I do, where I go, what I get... it's all good. 



This year, CB got up at 6:45 am, but at least she slept through the night so I was happy.
And, unlike other random days, I got a few pretty things just for being a Mom...


Of course, I cried reading the cards the girls made me. I got through two before I broke down. Big improvement from years prior. Yes, I AM a total freakin' sap.



The above silver bracelets were given to me at dinner on Saturday night by my entire family. It was in  celebration of my one-year "Cancer Free" anniversary. What a huge surprise, and a very sweet one. Mother's Day will forever come on the heels of this anniversary and I can't think of a better way to remind myself of what I will forever fight for. 

The day came to the perfect end when Dr. Fabulous picked up sushi and some beer. After the kids went to bed, the paaaarty started. And by party, I mean watching the Antique Road Show snuggled on the couch with my man, drinking a few of these. 


That, my friends, is what I call another perfect Mother's Day!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails