Friday, February 20, 2009

I Need Milk; Therefore, I'm Depressed

I need milk. I should really go to the store to buy milk. But, it's really, really cold out there. Plus, I'm totally unmotivated. I haven't changed the clothes I've been both sleeping in and wearing for 2 days straight now. I also haven't left the house in over 48 hours, unless you count taking the trash to the curb and checking the mail. That means, the kids have been couped up too. The kids should really get out. I'm always going out. Every day I go out. I hate being trapped at home. Why is it that lately I feel like I want to stay home?

Okay, we're going out. What else can I do today besides get milk? I can go to the wonderful story time at the library today. Yes, we haven't been there in a while. That means I have to actually make the kids look cute. Yeah, that feels like it would take some energy. Plus, the baby will fall asleep on the way home and I'll miss the opportunity to do other things around the house while she naps. Okay, no story time. Now I feel guilty. I SHOULD take my kids to story time. Have they been to anything remotely educational all week? Yes, they've watched Nick Jr. Can I count that? Ugh, more guilt.

I really need milk. Should I just pack everyone up to get milk? I'm sure I can find other things to buy too. I just don't really feel like going to a store with the 3 of them. I mean, I do it all the time. I'm a flippin' seasoned vet. I don't feel like it today. I didn't feel like it yesterday either. Wait, what have I been doing this past week? Okay, I missed both my playgroups, but I did go out Wednesday. My daughters went to dance on Monday. Alright, gosh, I was worried for a minute that I was in complete isolation. My eldest also had the stomach flu so we had to be home for 2 days. Am I just stalling because I don't want to get milk? Am I just stalling because the kids are watching Dora the Explorer and I just want to blog my face off all day? Okay, wait, the baby is due for her nap. Can't go anywhere for a few hours. I have time to decide.

This milk- this is the ONLY thing that will get us out of the house today. This MILK! Oooh, you know I can ask my husband to pick it up on the way home, but he refuses to buy organic. Maybe I'm depressed. Am I depressed? How is needing milk triggering such an existential crisis about my mental health? Can post-partum depression have a delayed onset of 15 months? Maybe it's just the cold weather. Yes, lets blame it on the cold weather and the lack of Vitamin D. Perhaps, I just need more milk.

This is an original post to Welcome To My Planet by Alicia D.

1 comment:

tiffrutherf said...

Well, I have just been "Out" and trust me its was nothing to write home about. I'm staying in tomorrow, why you ask? Because i resting up for Summer...that's my excuse and i'm sticking to it.

Related Posts with Thumbnails