Thursday, October 1, 2009

And The Kreativ Blog Awards Go To....

So along with the Lemonade Award I received recently, the honor of the Kreativ Blog Award was also bestowed upon me. I was nominated by one of my all time favorite bloggers, Tanya, over at Teen Autism. I know I highlighted how much I love Tanya's blog a few posts ago, but I'm lovin' that I get to do it AGAIN! Her blog is magnificent - beautifully written, sincere, poignant, and full of love for her 2 boys. Tanya is an exceptional writer, strong woman, and the type of loving mother I strive to be. Go visit her and you'll never want to leave!

To Those Who Are Nominated: Here are the "rules" of the award:

* You must thank the person who has given you this award
* Copy the logo onto your blog (in post or sidebar)
* Link to the person who nominated you for the award
* Name 7 things about yourself people may find interesting
* Nominate 7 other Kreativ bloggers
* Post links to the 7 blogs you nominated
* Leave a comment on each nominee's blog to let them know they have been nominated.

7 Oh So Super Interesting Things About Myself:

1. I really dislike listing interesting things about myself because I'm seriously not that interesting of a person. In fact, if I had no kids to talk/vent about, I would be the dullest person on the face of the earth because I seriously have no life.

2. The smell of limes makes me involuntarily gag.

3. I love writing letters - like REAL letters with pen and nice stationary and sending them via snail mail.

4. People who whistle incessantly while grocery shopping annoy and perplex me profusely.

5. I have a borderline phobia of the ocean, snakes and David Hasselhoff.

6. My pinky toes are seriously decrepit.

7. I have been known to eat sauerkraut straight out of the can, cold.

And here are my nominees (drumroll......)

The House That Osh Built : This blog is one of the BEST blogs ever. It's like stumbling upon a little gem when you least expect it. "Osh" and her son/sidekick "Streetwiser" are beyond hilarious. Quirky, funny, smart, and sensitive, The House That Osh Built is written in a totally fresh, wholly different style than the "typical" blog. Snippets, bits of conversation, disjointed thoughts, and pieces of funny stories provide a uniquely humorous and inspiring blog. It's brilliant! Oh, and it's got Johnny Depp in it too (*sigh*) which is just the icing on an already terrific cake. The best part is the banter between mother and son. You just can't MAKE these priceless conversations up!! You GOT to check her out!

Stimeyland: Speaking of hilarious, Osh and Stimey are neck and neck. I need to wear my daughter's Depends every time I read this blog. Stimey's writing style and creativity are pure genius. Stop whatever you are doing right now - SERIOUSLY - and read one of the funniest posts I've ever read in my life HERE. Ok... glad you're back. Good fart stories are always the best, am I right? I *heart* this blog to pieces!! It makes me squirt diet pepsi out my nose.

The Adventures Of Mr. Busypants: Jeannie over at The Adventure of Mr. Busypants is so adorable, sweet, lighthearted and a creative story teller. A talent in many ways, Jeannie shares parenthood's funniest stories with a relaxed writing style that feels like you're chatting with her on the phone. I'm always smiling after I visit her site!

Send Chocolate Now: T. is a fantastic writer who can easily shift from a very serious journalistic approach on a serious social issue to a funny, sarcastic piece that has you in stitches! She is also the creator of, and contributing author for, the powerful blog Autism Sucks which has provided a forum for many parents to safely and openly 'vent' and process stories about raising children on the spectrum.

The Traveling Circus: I'm new to this blog and really love it! Cristie is a great Mom/writer/entrepreneur and what I like about her blog is that she doesn't just write about mommy/family. A lot of her essays are just about life and herself and random subjects. And they are really well structured pieces that read like butter (or is that butta'?). Anyway, she's my new find and I'm lovin' her!! Go check her out and give her some "new bloggie" luv.

Okay, that's not quite 7 nominees, but hopefully the Blog Award Police won't fine me for this little transgression. Please visit my nominees and ALL the phenomenal bloggers on my blogroll whom I loyally read and ENJOY!!

6 comments:

Stimey said...

Awwww, thank you so much! Anytime I can help someone damage their nasal cavities through laughter is a good time for me. :)

As for number 5, I am with you on the ocean thing. For me it's not drowning or getting eaten by a shark, but the deep water. I do not care for deep water. ANYTHING could be down there. Including, I suppose, sharks that want to eat me.

Tanya @ TeenAutism said...

My friend, you are too kind - thank you for talking me up again! And I love your 7 interesting things! I am right there with you on 3, 4, and 6. You're on your own with #7, though! :) Cheers!

Beth L. Gainer said...

I'm so glad to see Jeannie Anderson's blog on your award list. She is awesome!! I will be checking out the other blogs. They sound great, and I'm always interested in great writing.

BTW, you ARE an interesting person.

Elizabeth said...

Thanks for the links, Alicia! I look forward to a few laughs!

Osh said...

Thank you for your kind words! I often wonder if anybody out there understands "us"...so glad you do!

I will get right on this award after I do my laundry. Could be soonish, or Sundayish.
SMOOCH!

Cristie Ritz King, M. Ed said...

Thank you so much! To be nominated is nice, but to be nominated by someone you have a "blog crush" on is even better. I am a little slow this week (what's new) but will get my post up today! I swear.

Related Posts with Thumbnails